Olayinka Paramole's Blog

All Packages Revolve Round Life; Culture, Entertainment, Religion, Women and Youth Empowerment.
facebook tweeter google linked in you tube rss
  • Home
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • POLITICS
  • SPORTS
  • RELIGION
  • BUSINESS
  • OTHERS

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Freed Chibok girls will enter university in September

  • August 19, 2017
  • Olayinkaparamole'sblog
  • OTHERS
  • No comments



Released Chibok girls
The 106 Chibok schoolgirls who have been released by Boko Haram will all go to university from September, the Minister for Women’s Affairs, Aisha Jumai Alhassan, said on Friday.
One of the girls required a prosthetic leg following her ordeal, several needed surgery for injuries and four babies have been born as a result of their detention, Aisha Alhassan said in a statement.
The Islamist militants seized 276 schoolgirls from the remote northeast Nigerian town of Chibok in April 2014, triggering global condemnation and drawing attention to the bloody Boko Haram insurgency.
Former US first lady Michelle Obama led a worldwide social media campaign under the banner #BringBackOurGirls to raise awareness of the group’s plight.
All 106 girls who either escaped or were released or rescued from their captors “will be resuming school at the American University of Nigeria foundation school in September 2017,” said Alhassan.
Twenty-four girls who had managed to escape were already studying courses at the institution and will be joined by the rest of their freed classmates in the new school year.
The freed girls, who are all in good health, have received extensive trauma counselling since regaining their freedom.
“Previously frequent incidents of flashbacks, insomnia and nightmares have now been successfully brought under control,” said Alhassan.
“The girls have become survivors and heroes in their own right.”
In their quest to create a hardline Islamist state, Boko Haram, whose name roughly translated from Hausa means “Western education is sin”, has waged a relentless campaign against education in northeast Nigeria.
Along with attacks on schools, thousands of women and young girls have been abducted during the eight-year insurgency, which has left at least 20,000 people dead and displaced more than 2.6 million.

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook

← Newer Post Home Older Post →

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

About Me

My photo
Olayinkaparamole'sblog
View my complete profile

Popular Posts

  • Police arrest man with 88 bundles of fake dollars
    Dollars The Niger State Police Command on Monday arrested one Abubakar Suleiman with 88 bundles of fake dollars,...
  • Osimhen is Nigeria’s most expensive player valued 64m Euros
    Lille’s forward, Victor Osimhen, 21, has been rated as the costliest Nigerian player at the moment. In the biannual list from the Internatio...
  • Again, Trump Blames China For Global COVID-19 Deaths
    US President Donald Trump again lashed out at China Wednesday over the coronavirus pandemic, blaming Beijing for “mass Worldwide killing.” T...
  • US presidential politics, sliding into disrepute
    Clinton and Trump American politics has always had one foot in the gutter. Slave concubines. Model girlfriends on yachts. Monica Lew...
  • Kano, Dangote donate N1bn to fire disaster victims
    The Kano State Government and Dangote Group have donated N500m each as assistance to victims of the fire outbreak that occurred ...
  • FG EMPLOYES 350,000 GRADUATES IN 2017
    The Federal Government will employ additional 350,000 unemployed graduates in 2017. The graduates will be employed under the N-Power Vol...
  • See The 6-Year-Old Boy With Six-Pack Now Has 4 Million IG Followers (Photos)
    A six-year-old Iranian boy who first stunned the world with his incredible football and gymnastics skills has now amazed followers with his ...
  • HOW I HELPED MOSES BECOME A STAR
    Slaven Bilic has revealed that he had to push Victor Moses to get the best out of the forward when he was on loan at Wes...
  • Why I didn’t challenge Akeredolu’s victory – Jegede
    The candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in the November 26 governorship election in Ondo State, Mr. Eyitayo Jegede (SAN), has said...
  • 264 million children worldwide not in school – UNESCO
    Internally Displaced Persons. File Photo Some 264 million school-age children and young people worldwide were not in ...

For Enquiries please call: 09030118301 or Email @yinkaparamoleshabi@yahoo.com

Name

Email *

Message *

Subscribe To olayinkaparamole's Blog

Posts
Atom
Posts
Comments
Atom
Comments
Copyright © Olayinka Paramole's Blog | Powered by Blogger
Designed by CHUKS LYON