Olayinka Paramole's Blog

All Packages Revolve Round Life; Culture, Entertainment, Religion, Women and Youth Empowerment.
facebook tweeter google linked in you tube rss
  • Home
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • POLITICS
  • SPORTS
  • RELIGION
  • BUSINESS
  • OTHERS

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Another LUTH doctor tests positive to Lassa fever

  • August 19, 2017
  • Olayinkaparamole'sblog
  • OTHERS
  • No comments




Bukola Adebayo
Another doctor has tested positive to Lassa fever at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Idi-Araba.
The Chief Medical Director, Prof. Chris Bode, who confirmed the new case on Friday, said the doctor had had contact with the index patient.
Three doctors who attended to the first patient, a 32-year-old pregnant woman who eventually died, had tested positive to the disease; while 135 other contacts were placed under surveillance at the hospital earlier this month.
LUTH had discharged the doctors who had been infected with the disease on Wednesday after they were certified free of it by experts at the tertiary hospital.
Bode, in a statement on Friday, said the doctor tested positive to Lassa fever on Thursday.
Bode stated, “The three doctors admitted with confirmed Lassa fever have all been certified fit and discharged home because subsequent repeated tests on them showed they have now tested negative.
“The 70 of the contacts being followed up have also been let off, having completed their period of observation.
“However, one new case was identified yesterday (Thursday) from among the doctors that first had close contact with the index case and she (the doctor) has already commenced treatment and is expected to recover fully very soon.
“Psychological and other supports have also been provided and her family contacts are closely monitored.”
The CMD who said the Federal Ministry of Health and the Lagos State Ministry of Health had provided more drugs, Personal Protective Equipment, follow-up services and decontamination services added that over 400 LUTH staff had been trained on the protocols of identifying and managing haemorrhagic fever to ensure that cases are caught early at the tertiary hospital.
“Overall, the disease is gradually tapering off, but we must remain vigilant while ongoing efforts are maintained to control the disease.
“There is a fully equipped response squad available round the clock to assess and take over the management of any suspected case in LUTH,” Bode added.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook

← Newer Post Home Older Post →

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

About Me

My photo
Olayinkaparamole'sblog
View my complete profile

Popular Posts

  • Police arrest man with 88 bundles of fake dollars
    Dollars The Niger State Police Command on Monday arrested one Abubakar Suleiman with 88 bundles of fake dollars,...
  • Osimhen is Nigeria’s most expensive player valued 64m Euros
    Lille’s forward, Victor Osimhen, 21, has been rated as the costliest Nigerian player at the moment. In the biannual list from the Internatio...
  • Again, Trump Blames China For Global COVID-19 Deaths
    US President Donald Trump again lashed out at China Wednesday over the coronavirus pandemic, blaming Beijing for “mass Worldwide killing.” T...
  • US presidential politics, sliding into disrepute
    Clinton and Trump American politics has always had one foot in the gutter. Slave concubines. Model girlfriends on yachts. Monica Lew...
  • Kano, Dangote donate N1bn to fire disaster victims
    The Kano State Government and Dangote Group have donated N500m each as assistance to victims of the fire outbreak that occurred ...
  • FG EMPLOYES 350,000 GRADUATES IN 2017
    The Federal Government will employ additional 350,000 unemployed graduates in 2017. The graduates will be employed under the N-Power Vol...
  • See The 6-Year-Old Boy With Six-Pack Now Has 4 Million IG Followers (Photos)
    A six-year-old Iranian boy who first stunned the world with his incredible football and gymnastics skills has now amazed followers with his ...
  • HOW I HELPED MOSES BECOME A STAR
    Slaven Bilic has revealed that he had to push Victor Moses to get the best out of the forward when he was on loan at Wes...
  • Why I didn’t challenge Akeredolu’s victory – Jegede
    The candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in the November 26 governorship election in Ondo State, Mr. Eyitayo Jegede (SAN), has said...
  • 264 million children worldwide not in school – UNESCO
    Internally Displaced Persons. File Photo Some 264 million school-age children and young people worldwide were not in ...

For Enquiries please call: 09030118301 or Email @yinkaparamoleshabi@yahoo.com

Name

Email *

Message *

Subscribe To olayinkaparamole's Blog

Posts
Atom
Posts
Comments
Atom
Comments
Copyright © Olayinka Paramole's Blog | Powered by Blogger
Designed by CHUKS LYON